Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Subtitle Standard?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member shwagomatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 12th, 2001
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    I need to add subtitles to a piece through Final Cut Pro. Does anyone know the standard font and size of subtitles? If there's not a standard, can anyone suggest what looks best?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Nigel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 31st, 2000
    Posts
    1,668
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have never had to subtitle anything. However, in watching subtitles I like Yellow ones better than any. They seem to stand out better than White.

    Good Luck

  3. #3
    Inactive Member tanenbaumm's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 29th, 2002
    Posts
    14
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you get a definitive answer to this, do please post it, as it's a subject I'd like to know about as well.

    Just as a matter of visual logic, I've always observed that the best subtitles have a slight black drop-shadow (and are usually yellow, as Nigel pointed out). I think that combination helps the letters to jump out. I'd expect the font to be something like Helvetica/Arial...but that's just a guess.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member shwagomatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 12th, 2001
    Posts
    7
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think I'll try DVD Studio Pro and will try to determine what the defaults are there. I've searched all over the net and have found nothing. I may have to just see what looks best. I'll let you know.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •